Monday, January 16, 2006

Hong Kong T minus 12 hrs

Ladies and Gentlemen, please complete your pre-flight checklists and report your go/no-go status to your superior. At this time we will begin all lift-off checks, tests and procedures.



So. My suitcases are packed (as full as they'll get), weighed (both just under the 50-lb limit), and successfully zipped (not an easy task). My carry-ons are as put together as they can be before I've dressed and primped. My room is a complete disaster and my clothes for the morrow are laid out (on top of the mess of course). Thats right, in the last 24 hrs I've washed, dried, folded, compressed and packed; inventoried, shopped, and packed; hung-out, shopped, dined, and watched a movie with my father; and all after I got out of bed at the crack of 11am.



Mom and Em have both successfully exited the state, and mom has managed to only phone once to check up on me. I've said my good-byes to all my lovers (Brit, Randa and Sara [though Sara and I have been keeping our distance as she has mono. Get well darling!]).



Plans: awaken at 7am CST. Shower, dress, pack the car, depart at 8am. Arrive at O'Hare International Airport between 9 and 10am. Board at 11:35am. Take-off at 12:05. Arrive in HK 16 travel-hrs and 14 timezone-hrs later (for those still struggling with the math on this, it should be about 6pm, Wednesday local time). Begin having fabulous adventures approximately 4 minutes later. And that is all.

Until China,
Abby

*The pictures were added for your entertainment and in no way relate to the text of this post.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well... according to mom you have been in hong kong now since 4:45 am CST and no update yet?? what kind of a loser of a sister do i have??? you couldn't get the motivation to update a silly website... i have been to 4 classes (one is a lab/lecture) and one 7:40am lab so whats up?!?!?! slacker.... oh and a 2.5 hour cheerleading practice where 2 of my earrings got ripped out and the other 2 got stepped on a lot and bled... so i don't even want to hear your excuses... anyways talk to ya later sis!!! love ya (but not too much)...

love your favorite sister!!

1/18/2006 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I am slightly offended that I am apparenly not important enough to be on your original mailing list. My mother forwarded your email with your blog link to me. So she's good enough to be on the list and I'm not... That factoid will be filed away and retrieved when I am buying your wedding gift. Anyhow, I hope Hong Kong is as fabulous as you thought it imagined, and that you're not in jail yet. Cheers!

1/18/2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home